Oh. My. Gosh. Art Festa!
They had live painting, live music (indoor and outdoor
stages), live theatre (indoor and outdoor stages), food trucks/stands, and
3,000 spread over 2 stories. The booths were free-style exhibitions, so the
artists were either presenting and/or selling. Some media examples include
painting, illustration, photography, craftwork, flower/plant arrangement,
dolls/figurines, jewelry, clothing, accessories, etc.
I did get a pretty neat view of Tokyo Bay on my way there,
and I was too slow with the camera on the way back, but on the way home, there
were what looked like about 20 colorfully lit gondolas floating in the water. I
still really like it here, so that’s good :).
The big upside-down pyramids are what Tokyo Big Sight is known for, and up
close, it was quite impressive.
Japanese people are the most courteous people you will ever
meet. So, I don’t know why I was surprised to see a map for the bathroom, but
it made me laugh. Note it is even complete with a ‘You are here’ marker.
I did not get pictures of everything I saw since it is
people’s art and they are making their living selling it, not having people
take pictures of it. Some artists/vendors did not mind, and even encouraged it
though. So, in some of these pictures I will try to explain… The body suit one:
They were having people draw on them… That’s all the explaining I can do…

Also, I know some of the pictures are small... Not sure if you guys have figured this trick out or not, but if you click on the picture, it should pop-up full size.
We want chopsticks for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad
Hi Elly,
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see your pictures and your posts. I will share with Uncle Paul too. Glad to see all that you are doing.
Love You!
Aunt Carol
Thank you for serving our country and I miss you and i Love you So much and thanks again Love kenzie :)
ReplyDelete#Thanks