Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me

For my birthday, I had to work… and my co-workers decorated my desk. During lunch, I was able to Skype with my parents and enjoy a beautiful flower that my mom had sent to Chris and he had been hiding for a few weeks.
It spins and plays Happy Birthday. I thought it was really pretty and did not want to break it open to make the music stop. Three hours later when I came home from work, it was STILL playing! Chris had shut it in the bathroom but he said anywhere he went in the house he could still hear it. After looking at the instructions again, we didn’t even need to break it open to make it stop playing… needless to say, Chris was relieved when the music stopped. Unfortunately, I had it stuck in my head by that time so I couldn’t help but hum it.

 





Later that evening, we ventured down to Akihabara (the electronics district) to get a Wii Balance Board. Then we went to Ochanomizu (the music district). Turns out it is where you go to BUY musical instruments… not an area with lots of live music. So, after walking around for a while, we ended up in Shibuya. We walked around for about an hour, then stopped into Starbucks for Sakura Lattes. We got to sit by the window on the third floor and watch people crossing the famous Shibuya Crossing.

So this birthday was similar to how I spent last year… In a Starbucks window overlooking a crowd. Although last year I was in Osaka and wasn’t traveling with Chris. It has been a heck of a year for me. I wonder which Starbucks window I will be in next year. :)






Chris also started his new job as a Lifeguard at the Natatorium right next to our tower.
He works with a lot of great people and he is loving it.


The next weekend, Chris took me to the Joyful Honda Garden Center to pick out some plants.
What a great Husband!!








Iris Bulbs

Mini SnapDragons!




1 comment: