I want to thank my family for their support and my mom was kind enough to host a going away shindig in January. I appreciate my family that came up from Lincoln as well as my family who road-tripped it all the way from Joliet, IL!
On the 21st, I will be going to Lackland AFB just outside of San Antonio, TX for basic military training (BMT) which will last 8 1/2 weeks. Right after that I will be going to technical training for my 4N031 job in medical services which will also be around San Antonio. While at BMT, I will not be able to have too much contact with the outside world so my mama, Doty, will be posting on my behalf. The most important bit of information will be my address for BMT. It would be really great to get mail from y'all and even though I may not have the time to get back to you guys I hear that us trainees will really look forward to hearing from the outside world.
Some hints for sending mail is to send letters only (no care packages) in plain white envelopes with no writing on the outside other than normal stuff of course. The key is to be bland, nothing special, but I promise you it will mean something special to me :)
Well, more to come later!


Oh boy! I'm uber excited for you! I hope all my pointers will help you out. Don't forget that list of items to consider/not consider, tee hee!!!
ReplyDeleteNice "I'm trying not to smile" face you've got goin on there Airman!
So so proud of you buzzin cuzzin! Bummed I couldn't see you today. Just know I love you a lot and can't wait to hear all of your adventures! Be prepared for letters :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Elly
-Jeana!
We are all thinking of you Elly and we wish you the best. You know we love you and are looking forward to hearing about your experiences.
ReplyDeleteUncle Paul & Aunt Carol