06 Mar 12
I'm 23 today! For the most part the day went well. Just towards the end I got sad because I miss my family and friends. Not exactly how I thought I would spend my birthday.
Mom note: Gary wanted to call her training instructor and ask if we could order a cake. We didn't do it.
Tomorrow is a running PT day so we end up running approximately 3 to 3.5 miles. Not looking forward to it at all. I got a bed switch since I am element leader now and it actually really sucks because I don't have my top bunk anymore and I am down with everyone else. I get woken up all the time by people walking by and doing checks at all hours of the night. Damn me being a light sleeper! I just want to be done so badly and it's not even 1/4 over. I don't know when I'll be able able to send this officially with permission but some girls have located a mailbox so if I have time or a way I want to drop my letters off. I received my cards from people yesterday and today. Read them last night and tonight. It does make me feel good that even though I'm not close, my family still wants me to know they're thinking of me on my birthday. I wondered what you guys would be eating tonight if I were there. I didn't have anything too special, but I got some chocolate milk and that made me feel good. Mom note: Maybe I should have let Gary order the cake. haha
I have good days and bad days...more like good points and bad points throughout every day...please pray for me to keep my spirits up and my wits about me. Also, please pray that I do get to graduate on time. I am so scared of rolling an ankle or something We had one of our girls get hurt and she will be put in hed hold until she is better (weeks) and recycled. Being element leader is awesome because I don't have to do entry control duty but it really, really sucks because I never get a moments peace unless everyone is asleep.
10 MAR 12
We finally get to send letters...today only...and I am really busy so I can't write too much. Things are going well I wanted to call today but our MTI is gone so I don't think we can. Wish Grandpa Bob happy birthday today and Grandpa Joe a happy birthday on Thursday.
Hi Elly,
ReplyDeleteThe variety emotions that you are experiencing remind me of what Katrina went through at basic training for the army. Hang in there. We are thinking of you out here in CA.
Louise