Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello from Fort Sam Houston!!!

Summing up BMT - Well that sucked... on to bigger better things.

I am now on the other side of San Antonio and on an Army post. Technical Training has a whole different feel to it but a welcomed change. I am on Initial Training Phase (ITP) now which means that I have to stay on base and if I go outside I must be in uniform and march around at all times, and no alcohol. After a few weeks upto a month, I will be on Advanced Training Phase (ATP) which means I can wear civilian clothes out on base and leave base... and have a cool beer. Sweet, sweet beer. As my brother so lovingly pointed out at Lackland, Abita beer is big around these parts and everywhere has it. For those of you that don't know, Abita beer is my favorite brewing company.

When a group of us go places instead of an element, it is now called a small marching unit (SMU). As an A1C, I am more likely to direct the marching of a SMU. I have seen my cadence voice transform from quiet and drawn out to loud, sharp, and more TI-ish than ever before. I did get a "good job" from a Master Sgt the other day for my cadence calling skills though so I can't complain. I went to a jody calling meeting the other day as well. Jodys are the chants that are called out as a group is marching.

Sorry if this is all a bit scattered... I don't have my own internet here so I am down in the computer lab with about 20 other people who are blasting about 4 different songs and being loud making it a bit hard to concentrate.

Zach Schussler (the only other person from NE, and the one I flew in with) is at Sam Houston as well. It's nice to have someone else who misses Omaha as much as I do :)

As many of you have gathered from my mom's posts, Flight B292 won PT Excellence, gained Warrior Flight status, and was awarded Honor Flight for being the best of the best! I got Honor Graduate and was the top trainee of the 323rd Training Squadron.

My address here is:

A1C Addison Elizabeth M
3288 Johnson Rd
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234

It was absolutely fantastic getting mail from everyone at BMT and I cannot thank y'all enough for the support. One thing I will say about mail here at Tech school is that it is a cluster. Mail for about 2,000 students comes into one center and all 2,000 students have about 2 hrs to pick that mail up. Needless to say, students around here complain about the mail situation all the time and say that not only is it a pain to go get, it is slow as heck. That being said... my email is e.addison89@gmail.com and my Skype username may be e.addison...

Well, more later
-Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment