Thursday, May 3, 2012

And the Duty Station Is...

Yesterday was my momma's birthday and my first day of technical school!

Today was a pretty eventful day as well. Today I found out where I will be stationed. I also went to drill team practice (marching) and as initiation for the new people... I had to march the flight around. It was an absolute train wreck but they expected that and I didn't run them into a wall so it wasn't that bad. After that I went to Jody calling practice and will start calling jodys on the way to school on Monday.

I am typing this out on my phone so I'm not sure how it'll turn out... Internet here is a bit of a weird situation... But I'll try my best to keep y'all informed.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will be pushed up in class due to my certifications. I will be skipping the EMT portion and going onto the nursing portion. After that, I will go into phase 2 which will be 30 days at a major hospital in one of six places somewhere around the continental US. I will find out where that will be later.

As a prequel to my news I must say: I did not get an overseas assignment and although I was disappointed for a whole minute I am pleased with my assignment and listening to others, I got one of the better ones. There will be other chances for me to be assigned overseas and I can always hop a plane for a weekend and chill somewhere awesome.

So, without further ado... My first permanent duty stationed is (as of now) scheduled to be... Buckley AFB in Aurora, Colorado. Looks like I'll be hanging out with Joe more often :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elly!!! You look lke a tough chick! Hope you are doing well! We think of you often! In our collage frame in our kitchen is a picture of us from our visit and Emmett says, "there's Elly!" Do you see Joe being in Colorado? How long are you there's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! Elly is supposed to be going to the base in Colorado in early November, I think. That was the first tentative date she was given anyways. We will see.
    She and Joe will be about 30 minutes from each other. Well, Joe says it is 30 minutes by car or an hour by bus. A lot of his travel is by bike, but I don't think he gave me an estimate on that time!
    Hugs to you and the boys, (all three of them)
    Doty

    ReplyDelete