Port call time!!! I flew from Seattle straight into Yokota
AB, Japan. I had never been to Washington before, and to mark another state off
the map, my Mom mentioned we should spend a few days in Seattle before it was
time to leave the states. I must say; I am very fortunate to have parents that
are able and willing to spend a long weekend in Seattle with me.
We went to a farmer’s market, Pike Place Market, walked
around the local area, had some great meals at some wonderful neighborhood
eateries, and found a weekend market. Thanks to their public transit, we were
able to make it to many different parts of Seattle and really explore quite a
bit of what it had to offer. I really liked Seattle and could definitely see
myself going back there.
On October 1st, at 2 AM, I said good-bye to my
parents, and headed to the airport. It was a civilian plane with military
(active duty and retirees) on board. Then check-in process lasted about an hour
and a half, and then I went to the terminal to hang out for a few hours until
the flight. The government shut down started that morning, and there was about
2 hrs where we thought the flight was delayed 8 hrs… and I was wondering if it
was due to the shutdown… turns out it wasn’t… but had me going for awhile! Ten
hours or so on a plane was broken up by postcards and notes from my friends and
family. Thank you all!!
Also, I would like to take a moment to mention Dropbox.
Dropbox is a free file sharing service that will allow me to organize and share
my photos and videos with whoever wants to see the full collection. I will be
posting quite a few of the pictures, but if anyone would like to see all the
pictures and any video I took, they can email me and I will send them a link to
my Dropbox. One thing about Dropbox is that one only gets so much free share
space. The more people I refer, the more space I get. So, if you email me, I
can send you a referral request and you can sign up for Dropbox and I will get
more space to share more photos later on. It’s all free and you would have to
sign up to view my photos and videos anyway (basically, it’s a necessary
step). Any other questions, just
email and I will try to answer, or email my mom and she can probably answer as
well. My email is e.addison89@gmail.com.



No comments:
Post a Comment